Saturday, March 29, 2008

The unsexiest woman in the world

Everything's been said that needs to be said about the Sarah Jessica Parker/Maxim feud but I can't help but think, as soon as a woman becomes too powerful, producing her own TV show and now movie and telling women that they don't need to be surgically enhanced to be sexy, a magazine like Maxim has to bring her down.


But I thought this was a good response.

Now, I've been watching The Sopranos and as far as I can tell, any woman who comes in contact with James Gandolfini is knocked out of her high-heeled calf-skin boots. In six seasons, he sleeps with so many women who are out of league, it's unbelievable! Annabella Sciorra was pushing it but I thought, ok, she's supposed to be a little crazy and self-destructive. Plus, she seems to be a girl from the neighborhood who's made good. But Julianna Margulies put me over the edge. Watching the episode, I thought, "Oh, she's flirting with him for him to sign the papers." Then, not only is she inexplicably hot for him, HE rejects HER.

Now Maxim is the same magazine who said that Sandra Oh was not sexy either, right?

What do they have against powerful women?

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: