Sunday, May 25, 2008

Who is Emily Gould?

For some reason, I feel like I know this blogger who wrote this article in the NYT. But maybe I just went to high school WITH an Emily Gould. This oversharing Emily Gould is probably 10 years younger than me.

I can't imagine blogging several times a day. I mean, don't these people have JOBS? (Although I guess it was her job. Strange, n'est ce pas?)

I did love her term "the will to blog," tho.

I have a friend of a friend (or an ex-girlfriend of a friend, whatever) who wrote her thesis on "cam-girls," the young women who train their webcams on their entire lives. The ex-girlfriend decided, as part of her research, to do it herself and spend a month with her webcam on, documenting her life. I believe after a week, she turned it off because the instant and grotesque attention freaked her out so completely.

Some people like it (i.e. Madonna, Emily Gould) and some people don't (ex-girlfriend PhD student, me.)

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Tyler Jackson said...

Who is Emily Gould? She's cute, whoever she is. In a grungy "dirty-hot," rollergirls sort of way, anyway.