Friday, June 13, 2008

Sadgrrl 13

She's been missing for more than two weeks now. I was so sure she'd be found after a week. That we would know one way or another. But...

I'm losing sleep over this story, I don't know why. So I'm netflixing like mad. Hence the Asian horror movie fascination. I think I'm averaging about four hours of sleep a night.

I've tried to explain it to my colleagues at work, but the only thing people really believe in is ratings. Ratings are quantifiable so I talk about ratings. And ratings are up.

But Sadgrrl isn't quantifiable. I think about myself at that age, how badly I wanted my life to start. How vulnerable that made me. How easy it was, how easy it would've been for someone to take advantage of that hope.

I was one of the lucky ones.

Anyway, I'm getting too personal. Again, no sleep.

I don't think anyone reads these things anyway.

I hope she knows how hard we're looking for her.

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Tyler Jackson said...

Hey, don't sweat it so much.

It's pretty disturbing, I know. The authorities are doing their thing. My advice is to get a massage and think about something else. (Like the war or the economy.) There's plenty of other stuff that's worth a lot more of your mental energy.

What are your current Netflix DVDs? As long as it's not more Japanese horror, I'm up for being a Netflix-Watching/Distraction-from-Abduction Buddy.

P.S. I didn't mean to get all bitchy this afternoon. I'm just very PASSIONATE about what I do. and I know you are yoo. :)

Tyler Jackson said...

Oops, I mean "you are TOO." God, you'd think I'd learn to type by now.